The paper size and page layout are loaded from the template used to create the map. In order to change the default values for paper size and layout it's necessary to update the template or create a new one.
To update the default template used when you create a new blank map:
- Create a new blank map
- Open the "File" menu, hover over "Print and select Page Setup" (On older versions open the application menu orb, hover over "Print" and select "Page Setup")
- Change the paper size and orientation options
- Click "OK"
- Open the "File" menu, hover over "Save As" and select "MindGenius Template"
- Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MindGenius\V7*\Templates"
- Enter "Default" as the template name and click "Save"
- Confirm that you want to overwrite the current template
New maps created will now use the updated paper and orientation settings.
(Note that you will need administrator permission on your computer in order to perform the above steps. If you do not have these permissions you should save the template elsewhere and set it as the new default via the "Options" dialog.)
(*This will relate to your version of MindGenius e.g. V7 = Version 7 (MindGenius 2018), etc)