To Add a Branch:
- Select a branch to become the parent (new branches will be added as a child of this one)
- Begin typing the name of the new branch
- Press the "Enter" key to add the branch to the map
When you add a new branch to the map the parent branch remains selected. This means you can continue to add more children to the same parent using type-and-return, or change your selection to add branches to a different parent.
To Edit a Branch (In V6 and newer with in-branch editing):
- Double-click a branch title
- Make changes to the branch title then press "Enter"
To Edit a Branch (In V5 and older):
In V6 and Newer (In-branch Editing)In V5 and Older (Edit Branch... dialog)
- Double-click on a branch to open the "Edit Branch..." dialog
- Change the title or use the "Format>>" button to show the font controls.
To Delete a Branch:
- Select the branch to be deleted
- Press the "Delete" button on the keyboard
- The "Delete Confirmation" dialog will be presented. On this dialog you can choose what should happen to the branch's children:
"Delete Confirmation" Dialog
- To delete with children, ensure the checkbox "Including child branches" is checked
- To delete without children so that children are promoted, ensure the checkbox "Including child branches" is not checked
Definition: Maps are made up of branches. Each branch represents a piece of information in the map. These branches are linked together by connectors to show their relationship to one another. By developing information in this visual way, you can take advantage of the concept of Mind Mapping to aid information recall and is used by MindGenius to aid information retrieval.
Best Use: Add branches to the map efficiently by using type-and-return. In addition, if you use the cursor keys to change branch selection your hands will never have to leave the keyboard!
Branches can be created by:
Type-and-return to add a new child - a child branch is a branch that has another branch higher than itself in the map hierarchy. to the selection
Typing Ctrl+Shift+Insert to add a parent - a parent branch has branches below it in the map hierarchy. A parent branch may have any number of children. to the selection
Typing Enter to add a sibling - a sibling branch is one on the same level as an another. A branch may have any number of siblings. to the selection
Copying and pasting within the map
Copying from another application or browser and pasting within the map
By default, type-and-return maintains focus with the parent branch, allowing you to quickly add several children to it. This can be changed so that the newly added child branch inherits focus when it is added, which you can do in MindGenius Settings